Thursday, July 28, 2016

From Dreamy to Dramatic - Wearable Makeup 3 Ways

The life of a performer is often very uncertain. Rarely do you know where your next job will come from or when. Therefore, you have to get very creative about making money and creating a sustainable living for yourself in between jobs. While I was finishing up the national tour of The Wizard of Oz, it became a priority for me to get some photos taken of my makeup work so I could create a portfolio that might lead to other opportunities in the future. The lucky thing about being a performer is that more often than not, the people around you are incredibly talented in more ways than one. When I mentioned to my cast mate and photographer friend, Lindsey, that I wanted to start creating a makeup portfolio, she expressed interest in wanting to get some editorial photos for her photography website, and thus a partnership was born.

Below are the makeup looks and shots we came up with. I wanted to be able to showcase our beautiful model, Dorsey's, face with three build-able looks. The first is sort of a "no-makeup makeup" very natural, dewey look. Then I amped up her eyes with more shadow and some false lashes for a bridal look. Then, lastly, the three of us had some fun creating a super dramatic, more editorial look with a smokey eye and a vampy lip.

We had a blast creating these looks, so I wanted to share with you all the finished photos as well as a list of all products used. And please check out Lindsey's amazing photography here. All products are hyperlinked! Enjoy!













There you have it! I hope you've enjoyed getting a little peek into my makeup portfolio. This shoot was an absolute blast with two girls I adore and I couldn't be more happy with the outcome! As always, feel free to comment with questions! 

Until next time!

xoxo Kaley 


No comments:

Post a Comment