Monday, June 2, 2014

My Summer Beauty and Lifestyle Essentials

With summer in full swing, I wanted to share with you all a few products that I would never make it through these hot months without. During the summer, I am generally very active and turn to products that are easy, light, and reliable. In my opinion, you can't go wrong with these products! View my Summer Essentials board on Pinterest here to purchase them all: http://www.pinterest.com/kmwere/summer-essentials/. And feel free to follow me, too!

  • The Classic Running Short - I love to be active during the summer- whether it's rehearsing for a show, running to and from the gym for a pilates or yoga class, doing errands around town, or just spending time with my family at home, I always find myself in a running short. They let your legs breathe which is a necessity in the hot Texas and Oklahoma summer months, and come in such a wide variety of colors and styles that anyone could find a pair that's perfect for them. I have been loving Target's activewear line called C9. The shorts I have from their collection are durable, colorful, and very breezy - perfect for a busy lifestyle in the sweaty south.
  • Revlon PhotoReady BB Cream - I love BB creams in the summer time. No one wants to look cakey or too done up in the summer - the goal is to look fresh faced and dewey, and the Revlon PhotoReady BB Cream helps me achieve this while giving me an SPF protection of 30, which is essential for my fair skin. A few drops of this on a foundation brush and I look awake, airbrushed, and naturally dewey. Just make sure to set it with your favorite setting powder, because the formula can stay wet due to the SPF. 
  • L'Oreal Paris Voluminous False Fiber Lashes Waterproof Mascara - This is by far my favorite drugstore and waterproof mascara. A waterproof mascara is a must-have for the muggy Southern summer weather, and this one has the most staying power of any I've ever tried. This will not come off until you take it off with eye makeup remover - hot yoga approved. It also does a great job of volumizing and lengthening. If you've never tried this mascara or any of the mascaras from the Voluminous line, run out to your nearest drugstore ASAP because you're missing out. 
  • MAC Powder Blush in Peechykeen - A peach blush paired with a BB cream and a mascara is the perfect "no makeup" makeup look for summer. You could say I am a bit addicted to MAC blushes - They are incredibly blend-able and have an amazing satin finish. If you're looking for the perfect peachy blush to make you look fresh and naturally beautiful, look no further. 
  • Jergens Natural Glow Gradual Tanner - Most color that you will see on me during the summer months is due to Jergens Natural Glow. There is no offensive self-tanner odor; it is light and gradual and never looks too orange or fake. Because I am so fair, spending too much time in the sun turns me into a lobster and is just plain dangerous, so this product really helps me keep a healthy glow all summer long without putting my skin at risk. 
  • Josie Maran Whipped Argan Oil Moisturizers - If you're looking for a moisturizer that will keep your skin supple all day long during the harsh summer months, look no further. If you have never tried argan oil infused products, let me introduce you to the best thing your skin has never had. All of Josie Maran's products are infused with 100% pure, cold pressed argan oil. One application of the Josie Maran Whipped Argan Oil Body Butter and I am moisturized all day long. 
  • JCrew Vintage Cotton T - Beautiful cotton T's in bright colors are a must for me during the summer, and these JCrew Vintage T's definitely fit the bill. Light, fitted, and casual, they are a perfect way to look chic and put together while staying cool. Select colors are on sale on their website right now, so snatch up two or three if you love a good fitted T like I do.
  • Essie Polish in First Timer - It's no secret that I am a mint green fanatic, and summer is the perfect time to do a bright green nail. This is my favorite mint shade by a company that I absolutely love - gorgeous pastels, creamy formulas, and a good price. 

What are some of your summer beauty essentials? Have you tried any of the products listed and love them like I do? Leave me a comment and let me know. And until next time, stay gorgeously you! 

xoxo Kaley 

No comments:

Post a Comment